Saturday, September 26, 2009

Live Recording: Neurosis - Live in Lyon



hello

some of you may recognize my name if you've ever stopped by the blog shiny grey monotone

and if you've never been there...well...you're obviously not reading the fine print written on the inside of the handicapped stall at your local chinese restaurant

but that's not why you and i are here...we're here for the muzak

this was an official "bootleg" released by the band back in 2002 of a concert they played over in lyon,france back in 1999 (11/02/99 to be exact)

and if you're here not knowing who neurosis is...bro...i don't know what to tell you...and maybe you should just go back to listening to your isis records

this band is the epitome of what's described up in the right hand corner of this very blog: heavy..primal..noisy..sludgy..crushing..psychedelic music (but what isn't mentioned is that they make one helluva chili)

1 - the doorway
2 - lost
3 - an offering
4 - away
5 - locust star
6 - times of grace

DL: neurosis - live in lyon

1 comment:

  1. I love the album. I'm a big fan of most of their music. Belief is in my top ten favorite songs of all time. In fact, I love them so much I have the snake ziggurat tattooed on my back. However, I'm also an Isis fan of which I didn't know about 'til years after neurosis. I'm not sure I got what you meant with the "Going back to the Isis records." I suppose that doesn't matter. Can you refer to some more music that in some shape or form is similar to either of those groups? Email jacobbeschler@yahoo.com if possible. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete