Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Album: The Dwarves - "The Dwarves Are Young and Good Looking"

"The Dwarves Are Young And Good Looking" was released in 1997 and is widely considered to be The Dwarves' best and most consistent work, and I can't say that I disagree. This is an all around satisfying album and is like a barrage of greasy, pounding, great punk rock songs that just keep coming at you. It has everything from angry, pumping, angsty tracks like "The Crucifixion is Now" and "I Will Deny" to songs with a noise rock edge like "You Gotta Burn" and "We Must Have Blood" to some more tongue in cheek, comedic songs like "Pimp" and "Everybodies Girl". Seriously a great album from a super legit, tight and awesome band.

On a side note, The Dwarves are playing a show a few hours away from me on New Years - who wants to pay my way? (Just kidding.. sort of.)


1. Unrepentant
2. We Must Have Blood
3. I Will Deny
4. Demonica
5. Everbodies Girl
6. Throw That World Away
7. Hits
8. The Ballad of Vadge Moore
9. One Time Only
10. Pimp
11. The Crucifixion is Now
12. You Gotta Burn
13. (Untitled Track)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TP6OACFQ

1 comment:

  1. This was the comeback record that made me hang up on the Dwarves.

    ReplyDelete