Monday, May 10, 2010

Album: The Walkabouts - "Scavenger"


Here's The Walkabouts' 1991 release titled "Scavenger". To me, this album conjures up images of walking through the prairies on a clear night or driving down a dusty highway since it's really folky and eerie at times. You really can't get any better than early Walkabouts for this kind of Neil Young-esque, free to roam feeling and this is why it makes some damn fine travelling music. I say this becuase I woke up at 4:30 this morning to catch a flight and am now sitting in the Vancouver airport in a deliriously tired, slightly angry state, so the only thing I can think of to make this slightly pleasant is some catchy folk rock. I'm not exactly road tripping down a desert highway or anything but this album is still a nice fit. Anyways - that's more than enough of my tired ramblings. Here you have it.

1. Dead Man Rise
2. Stir The Ashes
3. The Night Watch
4. Hangman
5. Where the Deep Water Goes
6. Blown Away
7. Nothing is a Stranger
8. Let's Burn Down the Corn Field
9. River Blood
10. Train to Mercy

DL: "Scavenger"

No comments:

Post a Comment