Sunday, June 6, 2010

Album: U.S. Christmas - "Eat The Low Dogs"

U.S. Christmas was founded in 2002, and hail from the mountains of northern Carolina. If you're not already familiar with them, imagine Neil Young colliding with Hawkwind on a really dark acid-trip into outer-space. If that doesn't sound good to you, I don't kow what else to say. Basically, this is some really dark and gloomy psychedelic rock (emphasis on the ROCK, as there is a lot of rocking going down.) As opposed to drugs, astral planes and other psychedelic cliches though, USX focus more on nature, paranoia, loss, and subjects of that ilk. This a very unique and powerful album that I can't reccomend enough, as it's sure to satisfy any fan of heavy and psychedlic music (readers of this blog). If you listen to it when you're in a bit of a darker mindset, you'll inevitably be consumed.

  1. In the Light of All Time
  2. The Scalphunters
  3. Say Sister
  4. Silent Tongue
  5. The Light and Trails
  6. Uktena
  7. Gallows Humor
  8. Black Lung
  9. Pray to the Sky
DL: "Eat The Low Dogs"

To briefly introduce myself since I'm new around here, my names Evan. I'm really stoked to have been asked to contribute to this blog, as theres definitely some pretty cool things going on. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up the same amount of quality music that's been posted already. I'm also hoping to bury you in sludge.

1 comment: