Monday, August 16, 2010

Album: Monarch - "Dead Men Tell No Tales"

I think that Monarch are one of the better bands exploring the more extreme, uuuuuuuultra sloooooow, low-end of doom metal these days. This release compiles two of their previous vinyl-only releases, "Speak of the Sea" and "Die Tonight". Despite how slow-moving this is (and I mean seriously slow) I never find myself getting bored, as theres enough atmosphere created to keep me interested and vibing. Everything is drenched with reverb, there's lots of feedback, all the instruments pack a punch, all in all creating a satisfyingly miserable listening experience. Fans of Khanate, Corrupted, early Earth, and Grief will likely enjoy this. The singer also does that adorable artwork, which I can't really say no to. Neither should you.

Disc 1:
1. We Are The Music Makers (Long Version)
2. Speak of the Devil, Speak of the Sea
3. Dead Men Tell No Tales (Spoken Version)
Disc 2:
1. Winter Bride
2. Swan Song

DL: "Dead Men Tell No Tales"

No comments:

Post a Comment