Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Album: Mugison - "Mugiboogie"


I've been thinking about blogging "Mugiboogie" by Mugison for a while now but have always kind of been at a loss for a good description. (Actually, I'm still at a loss for a good description, but fuck it.) I discovered Mugison while he was opening for Queens of the Stone age a couple years back and it was honestly a perfect fit (and not just because they're label mates). So what can you expect? Well... Mugison produces some really fun, experimental, catchy and rocking tunes that are all over the place in the best way possible and you'll hear everything you want and didn't expect to hear. Really, I could dissect every track and go on for paragraphs but you should probably just listen for yourself. This album is great and fun for many reasons. (One of the more obvious reasons being that Mugison himself is bearded and Icelandic).

1. Mugiboogie
2. The Pathetic Anthem
3. To The Bone
4. Jesus Is A Good Name To Moan
5. George Harrison
6. Deep Breathing
7. I'm Alright
8. The Animal
9. Two Thumb Sucking Son Of A Boyo
10. The Great Unrest
11. My Love I Love
12. Sweetest Melody

DL: "Mugiboogie"

No comments:

Post a Comment